A Birth Story: London & Graden

On the morning of Sunday, December 17, 2017 I woke up and when I stood up out of bed I started bleeding (not super heavy, just heavier-spotting). I called my doctor and he told me to go to the hospital. The first thing I did was call my parents and they came over as fast as they could to be with Capri and Cannon while Taylor and I rushed to the hospital.

Once we arrived at the hospital around 10:30am we checked in and my bleeding had stopped, so I thought for sure they would send me home. But my doctor came in and talked to Taylor and me and he decided it would be better safe than sorry to get the babies out now. Especially with my scare I had at 28 weeks. We actually had a c-section scheduled for December 20, 2017 just three days later, but heeded our doctor's suggestion and decided to have the babies that day (I was 37 weeks exactly). I couldn't believe it!!!! Today was the day!!

Taylor and I both called our whole families to tell them the exciting news and all of my sisters and both my parents came to hospital to be with us. My doctor told me to expect to have them around 3:00pm because he had to deliver two other patients who were both dialated to a 4. I thought for sure we would be waiting all day and it would be later in the evening when they came, but just before 2:30pm the nurse came in and said "the other ladies have delivered so lets get you ready!" I couldn't believe it! Capri got there just in time to give me a hug and kiss before they took me into the OR and Cannon was with Taylor's parents. It was at this time and about an hour before that I was having a panic attack. I asked the nurses and doctor if they could give me something to calm me down but they said no because it could hurt the babies. Once in the OR they gave me a spinal and it instantly helped calm me down and warm my whole body.

Not even 10 minutes later at 2:39pm they pulled out London ("Baby A") and one minute later at 2:40pm they pulled out Graden ("Baby B"). London weighed 5 lb 1 oz and was 17 inches long and Graden weighed 5 lb 2 oz and was 18 inches long. It all happened so fast and was so surreal! I couldn't believe they were actually here and that they were actually mine. My miracle babies!

They wheeled me back in to see my family and everyone was so excited! It was an amazing moment that I'll never forget. We all instantly fell in love with the babies. They thought Graden might need to go to the NICU but after doing some skin-to-skin his breathing calmed down and was better controlled and both London and Graden were able to stay by my side in the hospital.

Writing this and reliving that day through these photos reminds me of how amazing of a day it was. We were so grateful and feel beyond blessed that both London and Graden arrived perfect and healthy, and just in time for Christmas!! I stayed in the hospital for four days and enjoyed my time there with the babies, but was so happy to be home. They're doing great and have both gained a pound!! We have them on the same schedule which has been a game changer. They're sleeping okay Sleeping okay and we learned quick that neither of them likes to sleep alone, they always want to be cuddled up right next to each other. It's the sweetest thing!!! And Capri and Cannon couldn't possibly love them more! We are all so excited that they're finally here. Click here to watch my birth video!

Photography by Heather Telford.

Get special offers in your Inbox