CHILI LIME SALMON SALAD
CHILI LIME SALMON
- 1 (2 pound) salmon filet
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 lime, zest freshly grated (you can use the juice for the dressing!)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 to 8 cups green leaf or butter lettuce, or whatever lettuce you love!
- salt and pepper, for seasoning
- 1 (14 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 red or orange bell pepper, chopped
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup grilled sweet corn
- 1/3 cup crumbled cotija cheese
- 1/2 cup diced roasted green chilis
- ¼ cup sliced green onions
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- crushed tortilla chips, for topping
AVOCADO LIME DRESSING
- 1 avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 small jalapeño - cut and remove seeds
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves, loosely-packed
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1-2 tablespoons honey-to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon corriander
- Kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup water
CHILI LIME SALMON
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment.
- Place the salmon on a baking sheet and brush it with the grapeseed oil. In a bowl, stir together the paprika, chili powder, salt, pepper, garlic and lime zest.
- Sprinkle it evenly over the top of the salmon filet and press gently to adhere.
- Roast the salmon for 12 to 15 minutes, or until just opaque and flakey with a fork.
- To assemble the salad, place the lettuce in a large bowl and season it with a pinch of salt and pepper. Toss well – this is key to a flavorful salad!
- Add the remaining ingredients into the salad: the black beans, peppers, avocado, tomatoes, corn, cotija cheese, green chilis, green onions and cilantro. Add on the salmon however you’d like – you can top the salad with the pieces of the filet or slice it up.
- Drizzle the Avocado Lime dressing. Sprinkle on crushed tortilla chips.
- Combine all ingredients in your blender and blend until smooth.
- Taste for seasonings and adjust accordingly. Add more water to the desired consistancy.
- Store in a glass jar in the fridge for up to one week.