FALL HARVEST SALAD WITH ORANGE BALSAMIC DRESSING
- 4-5 cups mixed greens
- 1 cup wild rice
- 1/2 cup crispy onions
- 1/2 cup craisins
- 1 cup cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup honey goat cheese
- 1/2 cup pistachio
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- Additional optional things you can add: roasted butternut squash, spiced pumpkin seeds
- Take a large serving platter and lay out all the mixed greens. Then layer all the ingredients next to each other and top with fresh ground pepper.
ORANGE BALSAMIC DRESSING
- 1 large orange (zested and juiced)
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 clove of garlic (minced)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- With the exception of the olive oil, combine everything together into a food processor and blend until smooth.
- While the food processor is still running, slowly add the olive oil. Adding the olive oil last is an important step to prevent the dressing from solidifying once refrigerated.
- Store any leftover vinaigrette covered in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.