SEA SALT TRIPLE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
1 c. salted butter, softened
1 1 /2 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. granulated sugar
2 tbs. vanilla extract
2 c. flour
4 tsp. cornstarch
2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. sea salt + additional to sprinkle on top
1 c. dark chocolate chunks
1 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 bar Hersey milk chocolate, cut into chunks
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugars until fluffy and light in color, 3-4 minutes. Add eggs and vanilla and blend in.
3. Mix in flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt. Stir in chocolate chunks.
4. Using a standard-sized cookie scoop or tablespoon, drop dough onto a prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle the tops with sea salt. Let cool in the fridge for 30 mins. Bake for 8-10 minutes, until barely golden brown around the edges. (The tops will not brown, but do NOT cook longer than ten minutes.)
5. Let cool, on the sheet, on a wire rack for five minutes. Remove from baking sheet and let cool completely. Makes approximately 4 dozen. Try not to eat them all at once.